Offer on-demand delivery from your own channels
No marketplace fees.
What is Uber Direct?
Add fast and reliable local delivery to your own sales channels with Uber Direct, our white-label delivery-as-a-service. Receive orders directly from your app or website or by phone, and get your goods delivered with Uber’s global delivery network.
Benefits of Uber Direct
Whether you’re a restaurant, grocery or retail store, or a platform serving merchants, Uber Direct lets you offer delivery within a native brand experience. Build loyalty by owning your customer relationship and data. Plus, unlock potential revenue by using Uber Direct along with the Uber Eats marketplace.
Fast and reliable
Get your customers what they want when they want it. Delight them by offering on-demand delivery of goods through your app or website, or by phone.
No Marketplace Fee – pay for deliveries based on a fixed fee plus a distance fee. Control your margins by bearing the costs or passing them on to your customers.
Connect through your existing POS, OMS or other platforms; use the Uber Direct dashboard; or integrate with our API and start making delivery requests.
Flexible delivery options for your business
Delivery in under 2 hours
When the earliest availability is important to customers, get it delivered in under 2 hours.
When overnight isn’t soon enough for customers, get it delivered before the end of the day.
When customers want peace of mind, preplan the delivery up to 30 days in advance.
Straightforward pricing for your business
Uber Direct provides a cost-effective way to deliver your orders and meet your customers’ expectations.
You pay a fee for each delivery, which includes a Delivery Fee and any applicable Other Fees. If you’re placing a delivery request through a third-party platform, that third-party platform provider may collect the fee.
The Delivery Fee is made up of a base fee plus a distance fee:
- A base fee of $10 (excluding GST) will be charged for each delivery.
- A distance fee of $1.10 (excluding GST) will be charged per kilometre. This is based on the estimated distance between the pick-up location and drop-off location and includes partial kilometres on a prorated basis.
The following fees may also apply:
- Cancellation fee: If a delivery person refuses or is unable to deliver an order because the order does not comply with delivery restrictions, you will be charged a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is equal to the Delivery Fee plus the return trip fee (if applicable). See below for information on how the return trip fee is calculated.
- Return trip fee: If a trip back to the pick-up location is initiated, you’ll be charged a fee calculated as 50% of the Delivery Fee. Return trips may be triggered: (i) if you have enabled the option for a return trip when the delivery is requested, (ii) if a proof of delivery option includes a return trip, or (iii) if a delivery person refuses or is unable to deliver an order because the order does not comply with delivery restrictions.
- Wait time fee: If a delivery person has to wait more than 10 minutes after arrival at the pick-up location for an order to be provided, a fee of $0.50 (excluding GST) per minute will be charged.
There may be additional fees or additional circumstances in which certain fees are triggered, which will be set out in any applicable Service Terms, Order Form or Addendum.
Delivery restrictions and guidelines
There may be items that cannot be delivered through our platform. Learn more about delivery restrictions and guidelines.
How Uber Direct works
Step 1: Offer delivery through your channels
Provide your customers with multiple delivery options from your app, website or phone channels.
Step 2: Request delivery through our platform
Send delivery requests by connecting with your existing POS or OMS, using the Uber Direct dashboard, or integrating with the Uber Direct API.
Step 3: Fulfil delivery orders
Once confirmed, get your products delivered based on your customers’ preferences. Share real-time updates, estimated time of arrival (ETA) and live location tracking with your customers by text.
Choose the option that’s best for you
Select an integrated technology solution that works for your business. Switch whenever you want – Uber Direct can evolve to meet your delivery needs.
Uber Direct platform partners
Available through platform partners integrated with Uber Direct
- Connect through your existing POS, OMS or other platform partner for automated order processing
- Easy onboarding
- No integration required
Uber Direct dashboard
Recommended for businesses with less than 1,000 deliveries a month
- Use the Uber Direct dashboard for manual order processing
- Easy onboarding
- No integration required
Uber Direct API
Recommended for businesses with more than 1,000 deliveries a month
- Integrate directly with the Uber Direct API for automated order processing
- Technical integration required
'We want control of our retail experience from start to finish, in-store and online. We chose Uber Direct for same-day deliveries because we know they will deliver an excellent experience that fits with our brand.'
Adrian McKenzie, Senior Manager of eCommerce, EB Games
Get started with Uber Direct
Grow your business with Uber Direct and Uber Eats
Whether you’re looking to generate more demand or add to your delivery capabilities, partner with us using one service or a combination of services. Expand your reach by listing your business on the Uber Eats marketplace, and give your customers a fast and reliable way to get your products from your channels using Uber Direct.
Uber Eats marketplace
- Offer online ordering and delivery by listing your business on the Uber Eats marketplace
- Reach new customers on the Uber Eats marketplace
- Pay a percentage Marketplace Fee for delivery and pick-up orders
Uber Direct white-label service
- Offer delivery through your own channels by using Uber Direct, our white-label delivery service
- Build a direct relationship with regular customers and meet their demand through your sales channels
- Pay a Delivery Fee for delivery orders
Grow your sales
Who we serve
Who we serve