Unlock a new revenue stream
Uber’s global platform gives you the flexibility, visibility and customer insights you need to connect with more customers. Partner with us today.
Why Uber Eats?
Deliver your way
Our offerings are flexible so you can customise them to your needs. Get started with your delivery people or connect with delivery people through the Uber platform.
Boost your visibility
Stand out with in-app marketing to reach even more customers and increase sales.
Connect with customers
Turn customers into regulars with actionable data insights, respond to reviews or offer a loyalty program.
How Uber Eats works for restaurant partners
A customer finds your restaurant and places an order through the Uber Eats app.
Your restaurant accepts and prepares the order.
Delivery people arrive
Delivery people using the Uber platform pick up the order from your restaurant, then deliver it to the customer.
Questions? We've got answers.
- What is Uber Eats?
Uber Eats is a platform that connects customers, restaurant partners and delivery persons in a marketplace. The technology we provide maintains the Uber Eats marketplace by both balancing the interests and improving the experiences of all users.
Uber Eats technology connects users by allowing:
- eaters to search for and order items from merchants
- merchants to advertise and sell their items to a wide base of eaters
- independent delivery persons to deliver items to eaters as sub-contractors of Uber Eats
You can click here for an overview of the responsibilities of each participant in the Uber Eats marketplace.
- What are your fees?
Your fees include:
• Activation Fee– a fee, payable once per location, that contributes to the costs of setting you up with a welcome kit, tablet and professional photo shoot. This fee may be deducted from your Item Payments in weekly instalments.
• Uber Eats Fee – fee is charged to you for every order you receive from your customers via the Uber Eats app. It varies depending on the option you choose.
- How are orders completed?
An order can be completed through different options, including:
• Uber delivery option – where Uber Eats will provide delivery services to eaters who purchase items from merchants
• Self-delivery option – where merchants can use their own delivery staff to deliver items
• Non-delivery options – where merchants make the order available for the eater to pick up from their location (Pick-up) or allow the eater to dine in at their location (Dine-in)
- What are your responsibilities?
By signing up to Uber Eats, you’ll be agreeing to the General Terms, Service Terms and Uber Policies. These documents form your Uber Eats Merchant Agreement. You should read these terms closely before signing up, to ensure that you understand your responsibilities and obligations under the agreement.
Your responsibilities are detailed in your Uber Eats agreement and include:
• setting the price of your items, ensuring the quality of your items, having accurate photos and descriptions of your items and packaging your items appropriately;
• complying with the law and the Uber Community Guidelines, obtaining the correct approvals to provide your items (such as food or alcohol) and maintaining sufficient insurance coverage; and
• if you choose to use the Self-Delivery Option; engaging and managing your own delivery staff, setting your self-delivery fee and self-delivery area, providing delivery services to your customers, providing support to customers for self-delivery items and ensuring that self-delivery items are delivered to customers safely and with reasonable care.
A quick guide to key terms of the agreement is available here.
- What do we provide you under the agreement?
The Restaurant Dashboard can be accessed from various devices, e.g. tablets, computers or smartphones, where it is possible to track new orders and manage deliveries on the Uber Eats platform. The Restaurant Manager software offers more detailed access to menus, payment information, sales data and customer insights. We have a technical team ensuring that these two tools work without interruption or problem every day.
- How long does it take to become a partner?
Depending on how many locations you have, it’s possible to become an Uber Eats restaurant partner and start accepting orders in just a few days! You can begin the process by signing up here. We’re excited to hear from you!